A quick update on the plans for the week ahead. Looks like the weather has finally turned for the better, so Friday night training will be as usual for the U6/7 5-6.15pm and the older age groups 6.15 to 8.15. Thank you to everyone for getting subs in, we are pretty much up to date for the juniors which is a significant achievement. The Fit House will run their class at 6.15pm on Friday for any parents that want a workout, suitable for all ages and abilities.
- Saturday our 1's are at home to Tring Park. Currently 6th in the league after a draw last week, however only 20 points from top spot, so we hope for a good result at home this weekend.
- Our Saturday 2's are away to NPL, and are currently top of division 8 after an excellent win last week against Farnham Common.
- For those that do not know, you can view the tables and results on the TVCL web site, https://www.tvlcricket.com/
- On Sunday our Social side playing GX, again at home.
Please do come and support our senior sides, it really does make all the difference. It was lovely to see so many of our senior and academy players training last night on the outfield, and results this year show that the club is really moving forward in the right direction.
The Rest of the week
- Sunday our U10's are home to Knotty Green at 10am.
- Monday our U13's are at home to Beaconsfield, and the U14's away to Wooburn.
- Tuesday currently no fixture, however due to the number of cancelled weather fixtures, this is available for a junior game, possibly U12
- Wednesday Senior and Academy training from 6pm, U11's away to Farnham common and U10's away to CSG.
- Thursday U14/15 practice match however again this may be changed to accommodate league fixtures if needed.
A big thank you to those that completed the member satisfaction survey. The results on the whole are extremely positive, however they have highlighted a few gaps and areas that could be improved. The committee is now working on putting together an action plan to address those areas, and from the extremely valuable verbatim feedback, I will try and put together some responses for next weeks email.
Junior Presentation Day will be on Friday 12th July for the U6/U7, and we will start presentations at 6pm. On Sunday 14th July for the U8-U15, and the plan will be similar to last year. Can you please let your team manager know whether your junior is available on that day so we can plan the matches with even numbers of players? Schedule below is subject to change and will be confirmed next week.
Initial thoughts are that we have a 10/10 game, five ball overs as follows:
- U8 10-11am (Wicket 1) and U9/U10 (Wicket 2) Softball
- U11 11.30am-12.30pm (Hardball)
- Presentations and Lunch
- U12 / U13 1pm (Hardball)
- U14 / U15 2pm onward T20
The BBQ will be on, and also hopefully an Indian BBQ. We will setup the bowling machine and hope to have a giant inflatable obstacle course and face painting. If any of the parents can organise a beat the goalie, coconut shy or other activity can you please contact me, we want to make it a fun day out for all and we need as many activities as possible to keep the younger ones occupied. It will also be Cricket World Cup final day, and the large TV screen will be setup outside.
In the Clubhouse
The Cricket World Cup games will be on in the bar area, with the highlight of the weekend the must win game for England vs India on Sunday.
And finally, operation #findteds bat. A couple of weeks ago, one of our Juniors (Ted) misplaced his brand new kookaburra bat. It has probably been picked up by someone inadvertently, can I please ask that we check kit bags, and if found let, me know? It has the initials TR on it, and was a gift from his dad for doing something amazing. Thank you.
Any questions, please let me know.