Dear Members and Parents,
The news you have all been waiting for, its a go for Junior Training next week, albeit in a different format.
The ECB has issued Government backed guidelines that have said it is acceptable to run small group training sessions, one coach to five juniors. To that end, we are scheduled junior year group training to run through next week, starting on Wednesday. This will be for an initial period of four weeks, and we will then review once we have a further update from the ECB
Wednesday U11 17:30-18:50
Thursday U12 17:30-18:50
Friday U12 17:00-18:20
Saturday U9 09:30-10:30
Unfortunately, under the current guidelines, we are unable to offer training for U6 - U8 year groups, however as soon as we can, we will let you know. Strict social distancing will be in place, and juniors should use their own kit, and bring their own ball. The guidelines have been sent out a couple of times already, but I have included them at the bottom of this email for completeness.
Cost is £30 for four weeks of training, to be paid in advance via the booking system at Future Legends. Got to http://flbookings.cricket In the event of rain, we will try and reschedule the lost sessions, however I believe that next week the weather will take a turn for the better. Fingers crossed!
Space is limited, so please book early to avoid disappointment. First Come First Served, so please act now.
The kitchen will be open serving Tea / Coffee soft drinks and ice cream, however at this time Jerry is not allowed to sell alcohol for consumption at the ground.
Kind regards, Ian
Bookings can be made through this link here www.FLbookings.cricket (not case sensitive):
- Click Chalfont St Peter CC
- Choose whichever day(s) you want
- Click on the course you want
- Complete the form – the player/applicants phone number
- Pay – the system takes the money from the bank account – not a card. It is taken in the form of a direct debit – do not worry it will only take one payment.
Why are we charging?
- The sessions have to be overseen by a qualified coach, to ensure social distancing rules are maintained and to sanitise the nets between sessions. The fee will cover this cost.
Additional things to note
- The clubhouse will not be open, so there will be no toilet facilities
- No kit will be provided so you will need to provide your own
- There will be a takeaway tea and coffee facility through the Kitchen hatch
The following rules for the users of the nets are published by the ECB and are largely a reiteration of the Government guidelines:
- Do not attend if you or anyone in your household displays symptoms or your household is currently in isolation.
- Personal hygiene measures should be carried out at home before and after use of the facility.
- Bring your own hand sanitiser where possible. If this isn’t possible wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after visiting the club.
- Travel together as a household.
- Avoid public transport.
- Try not to arrive too early, aim to arrive at the start of your slot to help with social distancing.
- Bring your own playing/training equipment including balls.
- Bring your own filled drinking bottles.
- Avoid touching as much as possible whilst on club premises.
- Do not overstay your allocated time slot, you should be clear of the area by the time the next users arrive. Do not stay to socialise.
- If bowling machines are used, please ensure they are cleaned thoroughly between uses with dry-cleaning products and that all balls used are cleaned with disinfectant. This is the responsibility of the bowling machine operator.
- Do not leave private property behind.
- No spitting.
- No saliva or sweat should come into contact with the ball at any time.
- As always, the health and safety of participants is paramount - please ensure those using the nets minimise the risk of injury (wear helmets, pads etc). As well as response times being delayed this is vital to avoid any additional stress on the NHS.
- The batsman needs to be wearing gloves so that they can return the ball to the bowler without touching the ball
- Encourage all users to report any infection of their household following use of the facility to allow effective contact tracing and to limit the spread of the virus.